CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Waterman's Ball


So excited for Waterman's Ball tomorrow night.  It's a huge event in the industry, put on by the Surf Industry Manufacturer's Association (aka SIMA) and it's a giant fundraiser.  All of the big names in the industry are there - from founders of Companies to athletes.  When I was at Billabong, only the really important people got to go to this (like the President and VP's).  It's fun being able to go now!

It's starts with 2 hours of schmoozing at the St. Regis Hotel, drinking cocktails and bidding on silent auction items.  Last year I won a gift certificate to Burke Williams - so relaxing!  I really look forward to seeing all of my Clients and old peeps from my Billabong days.

After the cocktail hour, there's a yummy dinner, awards, and a live auction - last year Eddie Vedder was an award recipient.  This year's big recipient is Occy - what an amazing surfer -and he's a Billabong athlete!!!

It's basically a good excuse for everybody to get together for a good cause and have fun.  I look forward to it every year!

0 comments: