CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I think I have a new hobby....


Before my snowboarding lesson

The Finance department rocked our thirtytwo shirts

At the top of the run - about to go down the hill again!

Have I mentioned lately that I love my job?  Every year, the Company has a snow day where they take us up to the mountain for a day of fun.  Everything is provided - breakfast, chartered bus, booze, lift tickets, rentals, lessons, lunch, and more booze!

I have never been snowboarding before.  I have been skiing twice (many many years ago), but I definitely wasn't successful.  Today started off similar to that....

I took a lesson.  The lesson consisted entirely of my co-workers.  I couldn't figure out which I was - goofy or regular.  I was so focused on this, that I couldn't have fun or stay up.  Finally, the instructor told me to strap both feet in and just go - sure enough I did it!  Wow, what a workout!  Since I've been surfing and wakeboarding, snowboarding came a lot more naturally than skiing.

After lunch, I decided to go down my first run.  I was very nervous about the chairlift - I hear stories how everyone falls down.  NOT ME!!!  I made it without falling!  And then, I managed to go down the entire mountain and I only fell twice!  The next run - I didn't fall at all!  Granted, my legs were quivering as I was going down the hill (I'll be feeling that tomorrow!!!)

Overall, it was an AWESOME day - beautiful weather, great people, and something new!  I think I can see myself going boarding more often.  Too bad it's such an expensive hobby!!!

0 comments: