CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fire update - Wednesday night



Eric and I drove to the top of the hill by my house on Wednesday night to see how the fire was looking. It was the same exact spot as I was standing the night before, but it is amazing how far the fire had traveled in just a day. The picture on the left is how the fire looked at 10pm. An hour later I was leaving Eric's house and noticed that the glow in the sky looked a lot brighter. I drove up to the same spot, and the fire had expanded to the picture on the right. Crazy!
All is okay now, the fire is 50% contained and there were no more structures burned. It is in Cleveland National Forest. It's supposed to be completely out by Tuesday. My thanks go out to all of the firefighters that protected the community!

1 comments:

kelly said...

it really is wild. i can't believe how close these fires keep getting to our house!