CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Smoky Air






I woke up this morning to this view of the sunrise. Kind of a cool panoramic photo - the sky was very colorful due to the smoke. Except this smoke is from a new fire...the Camp Pendleton fire. Apparently for a while, the I-5 was shut in both directions. I think it's contained now.


As I was watching the news this morning, one of the reporters for KTLA was reporting on the Santiago Fire. She showed footage of an area of homes yesterday, still safe and being protected, and the same area of homes today, with no homes in sight as they burned to the ground overnight. So surreal.


Even though I've kept every window closed, my house still smells of smoke. Bella is inside all day today. During my commute to work this morning along the toll road, I saw just acres and acres of charred black ground.


More photos to come after work today......but for the time being, here is the view from my balcony of the Camp Pendleton Smoke and the sun.......




0 comments: