CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I've never laughed so hard reading

My friend Elizabeth introduced me to this series of books.  I didn't quite know what to expect.  I must preface this story with....I am not a big reader.  (A big joke between Eric and I is that when we first started dating, he gave me a book to read...it took me 5 months.  In my defense - it was about 800 pages.  Eric reads about a book a day and constantly has 5 books in progress).


Anywho, I opened the first in the seried, Bitter is the New Black by the fabulous author Jen Lancaster, and finished it in 4 days.  I have never laughed so hard reading a book.  In case you can't read the rest of the title, "Confessions of a condescending, egotistical, self-centered smartass, or, why you should never carry a Prada bag to the unemployment office."  I think the title says it all.

I have now loaned out this book to my friend Robin, and she loves it too!  I am almost done with the second book in the series, Bright Lights, Big Ass:  A self-indulgent, surly, ex-sorority girl's guide to why it often sucks in the city, or Who are these idiots and why do they all live next door to me?  Seriously - this one is even funnier! 
I HIGHLY recommend this series of books.  You can buy them here and here.

Can I tell you the best part?  Since it's a memoir, and the author is a big fan of blogging, I can follow her daily blog and laugh constantly!  Okay, don't think I'm a stalker.  Just very very entertained.

0 comments: